This week Insightly hosted their Q1 Product update call. They shared exciting news about some great new features that will be coming up in the next few weeks.
If you have the Enterprise Edition, these features will be available for you:
- Support for Products and Services catalog. Who needs this feature? Manufacturers will certainly benefit from using the product catalog feature. If you have different services, tit will also be great for you.
- Pricebooks. This will help you to manage the complexities of bulk pricing or discounts for your partners as well as making it easier to update the prices of your products and services all at once.
- Quotes. Yes, you will be able to send quotes from Insightly.
- Custom validation rules. This one can help you and your team with data consistency.
- Calculated field. I have been looking for this new feature for a while! I know a couple of clients who would benefit from this one. The question is, would they be interested in upgrading to the Enterprise version?
If you have the Professional Edition, you will enjoy:
- Mapping visualization tool. I know our customers will love seeing their contacts in a map! You can also create a map to see all your open opportunities. One of my clients, who works with import and export, will love this feature!
- Table cards. You can add a table card to view data in your dashboard.
They also shared their customer love improvements, which are available to all Insightly clients.
- My favorite new feature: now you can add a new organization record when you are creating a new opportunity. How many times did you try to create a new opportunity and then realized you had to create another organization first? Now, with only a couple more clicks you can add your organization right as you are creating your new opportunity. I want to make sure you don’t miss this new feature! See the screenshot below, just so you know what you look for in your app (note: the quality of the screen shot is not the best, because I had to capture it from the video they posted, since this feature is not available yet).
- Now you can create a document right from your Insightly record. How? You can generate a mailing label from the contact record, for instance. You can even use it with your opportunity record to generate a proposal!
- Would you like to add an image to your records without it being an attachment? The new Image custom field will come in handy. You can add a picture of the business card to your contact record, or an image of a diagram to your project record.
What is up next for Insightly?
The new feature in their product roadmap that I am most excited about is a visual map of your contact relationships. I can’t wait to see this one!
In this call they also announced that Insightly is working on a new Email Marketing product that will be released later this year.
They want to help small business owners avoid the headache of having to sync data with the Marketing Automation tool.
Their goal is to have a tool that is built in to the same platform that allows small business owners to send rich emails including drip campaigns with branch logic. It might also include sms messages as well.
Are you excited? I am! I am looking forward to seeing their new product.
If you need any help to configure any of the new features, please reach out! Click here to schedule a quick meeting to discuss our next steps.
Insightly’s full presentation is available through this link.